Mission Statement“We aspire to promote constructive creativity in children
while planting seeds to grow their hunger for literacy.” Pro·mote: To help or encourage to exist or flourish Con·struc·tive: Pertaining to the nature of construction; structural Cre·a·tiv·i·ty: The ability to create new interpretations; originality Hun·ger: A strong or compelling desire or craving Lit·er·a·cy: The ability to read and write; to use language proficiently
Our Mission: A Two-Fold Purpose
1) Promoting Constructive Creativity through illustration
- … By teaching children that their artistry can be harnessed to make something useful.
- … By projecting to a child that in refining one’s creativity, there is potential for a future career.
- … By opening up options to disadvantaged children who may not receive a higher education to learn trades in the arts & design.
- … By introducing local job opportunities in the arts to students that may not wish to relocate to a major metropolitan city for employment.
2) Promoting Literacy by breaking barriers of intimidation
- … By teaching a child to take time when reading, not just skim over a story, in order to illustrate its intended meaning
- … By breaking down the components of a book & then designing one, a connection develops between the child and the printed word
- … By developing a child’s ability to illustrate a book, a child gains self-confidence in their ability to interpret the story
Our Target Area
Our central focus is pre-teen children in small to medium-sized cities in the South-Eastern U.S., starting in Georgia and spanning out from there.